Bad things can happen to your code when it’s distributed online. It can be hacked before it reaches the user, stolen by another developer, or just never get installed because the “Unidentified Publisher” warning scares off your customers. Fortunately, a My Website Marketing Code or Driver Signing Certificate makes it easy to protect your code — and your customers — from these and other issues.
- Secure your software with the same industry-standard encryption used for SSL Certificates, making it impossible for others to alter your code.
- Act as a digital ‘safety seal’ to show customers that your code has not been tampered with in any way.
- Display your name or your company’s name, instead of “Unidentified Publisher,” during download and installation, so customers know you’re a legitimate developer.
- Work with several types of files and languages, including .EXE, .CAB, .DLL, .OCX, Java, HTML, ActiveX, even Microsoft® Office Macros and any other file types that support digital signatures.
- Include time-stamps so users know that your code went through the verification process, even if you allow the certificate to expire.
- Is required by Microsoft for all hardware drivers for Windows Vista or later. Customers will not be able to install your software unless it was signed with a driver signing certificate.
- Is designed specifically to protect and validate hardware drivers developed for Microsoft operating systems, Windows Vista or later.
- Is verified through both My Website Marketing and Microsoft via cross-certificate validation, adding an extra level of security and assurance for your customers.